Mayfield Memorial Hall is a large venue within the village of Mayfield. It is used for the benefit of the community – this includes regular use by groups such as the Scouts and one-off charity events. The hall is also hired out for private parties. The Committee fundraise and act to maintain the facilities for the village and also put on village events to bring the community together.
The hall is also the scene for a number of important fund raising events in aid of the local school, other local clubs and societies and also the hall itself. The New Year’s Eve disco is a popular event and attracts all ages.
The hall has a capacity of 180 so, with parking for almost 40 cars, it can accommodate busy events and big turnouts.
The land for Mayfield Memorial Hall was purchased in November 1920 for £40 by a group of trustees;
- George Bowler, Church Farm, Mayfield (farmer)
- Elizabeth Wardle, Mayfield Hall (spinster)
- Agnes Alderson Simpson, Sunnyside (spinster)
- Edwin Hudson, Meadowside (Mechanic)
- Charles Lawson, Mayfield House (gentleman)
- George Simpson, Mayfield (cotton spinner)
The hall was built in 1922 and has been at the heart of village life ever since.
Mayfield Community Defibrillator
Another important feature of the Memorial Hall is the location of the village’s defibrillator. A critical piece of life saving equipment, this apparatus is positioned on the front corner of the building and can be operated, in conjunction with a 999 call to the emergency services, by anyone needing to come to the aid of a person experiencing a heart attack.
Our Complaints, Equalities and Safeguarding Policies are on the notice board in the Meeting room of the Memorial Hall. You can also email us to ask for a copy.
We welcome both positive and negative comments about the Hall as these provide us with valuable information about our effectiveness and how we can better serve the community. You can comment or complain to any member of the committee.
Registered Charity: 522698